The main benefit of renting a franking machine is that there is no capital outlay, which is an important consideration given that even a basic machine will cost at least £1,000 to buy. You can also test a machine before entering into a long term contract with the hire company.
Hiring & Rental Costs
The costs of hiring a franking machine depend on the make and model with prices starting as low as £14.95 per month. Many companies that rent franking machines are small to medium companies who tend to select basic machines at the lower end of the price scale.
More advanced machines are available at higher cost, which can be somewhere between £60 to £120 per month. Rental terms are usually between one and three years.
Renting offers several benefits over buying. Some of these include:
- Start saving right away, with low rental prices there is no investment to pay off.
- Engineer advice and installation help.
- Help if something breaks, most rental contracts will include a service agreements that offer quick fixes.
- Regular servicing and support
- You’re not locked in to using one machine. While most lease contracts are between 12 to 36 months, you’re free to switch machines after that time.
- Royal Mail licensing help and support
- Starter ink cartridge.
- More suppliers to choose. While it can be quite difficult to find suppliers willing to sell you a machine, there are many more offering rental contracts.
Can You Hire a Machine For The Short-Term?
While most leases last between 12-36 months, some rental companies will happily agree to a short-term rental agreement. If you are thinking about purchasing a franking machine but don’t want to jump in feet first then short term rental can be a great chance to try things out for size.
Similarly, if your business is only going to require a franking machine for a short term project such as a promotions drive or for sending out additional information, then a short term franking machine lease could be what you need. Why buy immediately when there are some up to the minute franking machines on offer?
There is a wide range of franking machines on the market and renting can give the opportunity for smaller businesses to try out more sophisticated and expensive franking machines than purchasing would.
Before deciding on which franking machine is the right one for your business, read reviews and speak to suppliers. Check the Royal Mail website for more information and you will then be able to make a more informed choice about which franking machine is the right one for you.
Before making a firm decision regarding which company to hire a machine from, it’s a good idea to obtain a few quotes. You can get started right away by clicking on the big red button below and filling in the form.